XML is an Extensible Markup Language that sets a set of encoding rules in a human-readable and machine-readable format.
XML Sitemap is a simple based format that recorded all pages of your website is formatted in XML.
XML Sitemap lists site URLs which allow webmasters to contain additional data on each URL. When last updated, how often it changes, frequency, priority.
XML Sitemap makes it more efficient for search engines to crawl the site.
How to Add XML Sitemap in
- Go to Plugins
- Add New
- Search for XML sitemaps
- Select Google XML Sitemaps. Install it on WordPress and activate it.
2. Google Search Console or Web Master Tools :
- Search in Google for google search console and open it.
- Sign in with your email address.
- Add a site property.
- Verify the XML sitemap. Download the google file and insert in the hosting server with a file manager and add google file to the server.
- Then verify the sitemap. After the successful verification then all the data is updated in the google search engine.